Prep Time : 10 mins
Serves: 3-4 People
Recipe Category: Kuzhambhu
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
Author: Sadhana Padmanabhan
CapsicumPuli Kuzhambhu is a tangy and spicy gravy that goes well with rice and curry.
(Soaked and juice extracted)
- Soak tamarind in water and squeeze out tomake tamarind juice. Keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil, add all seasonings andfry for few seconds.
- Now add chopped capsicum and green chilies,and saut until becomes soft.
- Now add turmeric powder, puli Kuzhambhu powder,salt and fry until oil separates out from the masala.
- Add the tamarind juice, and keep cookingtill the capsicum is soft. Now add the Jaggery powder and cook till the rawsmell goes away. Turn off when the contents thicken and the oil separates out fromthe gravy.
- It can be stored in the fridge and can beused for a week.
- Serve with hot rice.