Los Angeles Indian Community - LAIndian.com
| | |
 


 

Beware When Charging a Cell Phone

General
Contributed by : JiJi

Share With Your Friends

Add To My Favorite
I am sure many of you charge your phone during the night. However be warned that there have been several cases which show how dangerous it can be. Recently Fox4, Tampa Bay, reported that a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone exploded in a 13 year old's bed, while she was charging it on her pillow on the bed.

Samsung is investigating the issue. A spokesperson for Samsung said that their products are safe, and pointed out that the battery in the phone, that exploded, was not original Samsung battery and that could be a potential reason for the explosion. Company said that there is a need for consumer education when it comes to rechargeable batteries.

They also do post a warning in their user guide, which specifically states that covering one of their devices with bedding or other material could restrict airflow and cause a fire.

 

Disclaimer: Please use this channel at your own discretion. These articles are contributed by our users. We are not responsible or liable for any problems related to the utilization of information of these articles.

 

View All Contributions

Post an Article
Notify Me of New Articles

Become A Featured Contributor
Add Your Blog | Add Recipe | Add Article

More Article by JiJi

New York Indian Film Festival: Sir wins Best Film, Best Actress Award
Muhurat of Punjabi movie Amaanat
Gangavaram Port provides water tanker for supply of drinking water to Gangavaram village exclusively
Canadian premiere of Dhanush's debut Hollywood film gets sold out
Yeh Hai India Makers Released Second Poster
View All Articles

Featured Contributors


Tahmina Watson

Vivek Wadhwa

Ananya Kiran
Ananya Kiran

Darshan Goswami

Shruti Sadolkar

Rima Arora
Rima Arora

Dilip Saraf

Vasudha Sharma

Aayushi Manish
Aayushi Manish

Latest Articles

New York Indian Film Festival: Sir wins Best Film, Best Actress Award by Staff
Muhurat of Punjabi movie Amaanat by Staff
Gangavaram Port provides water tanker for supply of drinking water to Gangavaram village exclusively by Staff
Canadian premiere of Dhanush's debut Hollywood film gets sold out by Staff
Yeh Hai India Makers Released Second Poster by Staff
View All Articles