Nadan Chembu Astram is a traditional dish of Kerala. Astram is a thick preparation with Curd, Chembu and coconut. It goes well with Kanji (Rice Porridge). Let's see how we can prepare this delicious recipe Preparation Time: 10 Minutes Recipe Category : Vegetable Gravies, Kuzhambhu Recipe Cuisine : Kerala, South Indian Diced Chembu / Taro root 2 cups Turmeric Powder ½ Teaspoon Red Chili Powder 1 Teaspoon Grated Coconut: ¾ cup – 1 cup Turmeric Powder: 1/2 Teaspoon
Mustard Seeds: 1 Teaspoon. Whole Kashmiri Chili 3 Nos, broken
- Wash the Chembu in running water. Peel the skin and cut into round shape.
- Put the Chembu into the big pan. Add water, Red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Boil and cook till done.
- In the meantime, grind the ingredients listed to a smooth paste with little water.
- When the Chembu is nicely cooked, put the ground mixture into it. Mix well. stir well and simmer the fire.
- Adjust water and let it simmer for 2 - 3 minutes or till everything is nicely combined.
- Add the beaten curd. Mix well. Take off from heat and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a seasoning pan , splutter mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies.
- Add this to the cooked Chembu curry.
- Serve hot with Kanji and Rice.